80 Acres INSIDE Myra Bellevue Provincial Park
Schedule a Showing
To request a showing, give us a call or fill out the form below. 1.888.238.SOLD or office 250.717.2214
Wonderful opportunity for “The Visionary”
80 acres at Myra Canyon with commercial zoning on 16 acres. This gorgeous property is surrounded by Myra-Bellevue Provincial Park and is a short drive to downtown Kelowna. Breathtaking views and blue skies abound! Rocky outcrops, naturally decorated with blue and green lichens, overlook the valley stretching through the property’s moss coated, cedar lined canyon. Priest Creek gives this unique property a west coast feel unlike anything in the Okanagan. Wildlife is not only abundant here but surprisingly friendly. Chipmunks, squirrels and stellar jays often indulge their curiosity in search of treats. Rabbits, deer, moose and the occasional bear also make the area their home.
Minutes to Kelowna
Just 20 minutes south of downtown Kelowna, past some of the area’s most renowned orchards, vineyards and golf courses, lies this pristine land. Centrally situated above the city, it is bordered by the Myra Canyon Provincial Park. From here, it’s a quick trip to Central Kelowna, Kettle Valley Myra Trestles, Kelowna International Airport, Big White Ski Resort and world class golf including Gallaghers Canyon Golf Course. It is one of the few privately owned properties in this exclusive area.
Prior to 2000, the property was operated as a commercial lodge and recreational property. Primarily used by tour groups and private organizations, unscathed by the Mountain Park fire of 2003, it was purchased by the current owners.
Planning for the future
In 2004, a UBC trained consultant was enlisted to develop an environment conscious, woodland/urban interface risk management program. Since then, this property has undergone extensive interventions related to environmental sustainability and forest fire mitigation. The entire 80 acres is now accessible and there is a stronger understanding of wildlife issues, tree inventory, neighbouring park trail systems and a current watershed stewardship program.
This parcel boasts 16 acres of dedicated C8 zoning (commercial) and proximity to some of the valley’s most popular travel and tourism attractions including Lake Okanagan’s beaches, the Kettle Valley trestle system, Gallagher’s Canyon Golf Course and Big White Resort world class ski hill, within an hour’s drive. It embodies a myriad of future development possibilities and is truly one of the last great properties available in the Okanagan Valley. With its rare zoning, the property is ideal for a wilderness resort. There are multiple building sites to choose from. Water rights add to the versatility of development. 1000 gallons per day from seasonal Priest Creek which runs through the property. A 6″ diameter drilled well down 220′ producing 20 GPM (28,800 / day). Other possibilities could be a boutique wellness center, hotel or just a pristine private setting encompassing mountain, city and lake views. Your dreams could unfold here!
- 20 minutes to Orchard Park Shopping Centre
- 20 minutes to the beautiful beaches of South Mission
- 25 minutes to Kelowna General Hospital
- 30 minutes to Kelowna International Airport
- 60 minutes to Big White Ski Resort
- 15 minutes to Gallagher’s Canyon Golf and country Club
- 15 minutes to The Harvest Golf and Country Club
Things to know about the land
- The property was used as a base to fight the Okanagan Mountain Park fire in 2003. Because of this, no trees were lost to the fire.
- Because of the inherent micro climate that the property is part of, there are an unusually high number of different tree species covering the 80 acre parcel. As a result the pine beetle infestation that has recently decimated the Okanagan area had little to no effect on the tree population here.
- Seasonal Priest Creek is a non fish bearing stream which does not put the same onus on future development as a regular fish bearing stream would.
- The greater June Springs area does not currently have an OCP (Official Community Plan).
- The main lodge lies approximately at the 3000’ level.
- The Kettle Valley Trestles are a 15 minute drive and less that a one hour hike.
- The physical address is 4390-4396 June Springs Road which lies just outside the Kelowna City boundaries.
- Currently, access is via a forestry service road. Plans are for the connection through to the subdivision of June Springs via a 0.9 mile corridor.
- There is no hydro electricity to or on site. Plans are being discussed to bring in single phase power from the end of June Springs Road. 3 phase power currently ends at Matthews Road and June Springs Road.
- Priest Creek runs diagonally through the southeast and northwest corners of the property. The falls are located midway and are a beautiful addition to the canyon. This entire area is covered with numerous natural springs.
The current owners own two separate water licenses through the BC Provincial Government. These licenses allow for the extraction of 1000 gallons/day. In addition to these licenses, a water expert was brought in and in the fall of 2008, a natural well was dug and as a result of that well, there is now produced an additional 22,000 gallons/day of very good quality water.
Have a look at the property video and call Dave or Jason for more information or to arrange your personal tour of this unique and diverse property.
- MLS Number
- Property Type
- Central Okanagan
- Year Built
- Property Taxes
- Not in ALR
- Septic Permit Required
- Water Supply
- Well/Priest Creek
- Zone Code
- Lot Size
- 80 acres
- Storeys / Type
- Floor Area
- Full Baths
- Half Baths
- Exterior Features
- Golf Nearby
- Hiking And Riding Trails Nearby
- Hiking Trails Nearby
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Okanagan Valley View
- Quiet Area
- Recreation Nearby
LOVE THIS HOME?
Contact Dave and Jason today
to schedule a showing.